1. In a saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil until tender for about 5 minutes, over medium heat.
2. Add minced garlic, stir and cook 30 seconds.
3. Add Green Beans, turn heat to high and stir quickly for about 1 minute.
4. Add tomato sauce and enough water to almost cover Green Beans.
5. Add parsley, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper.
6. Cover pot and simmer on medium heat for about 25 minutes.
7. If it seems too watery, cook for 10 minutes. There should be about 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of liquid you started with.